Thursday, May 03, 2018

Today I break my heart

I just want you to know that 
  I love you, 
even though my head tells me 
  not too.

I know why you stay away,
  but my heart looks beyond reason.
It refuses to give up and continues   to beat for the only love it believes in.

This is the point where my heart breaks,
  but it's not you,  the one who will break it. 
it's me, it has to stop hurting, I'm the one who must make it. 

I'm afraid because I'm going to be cold, 
I'm no longer going to care, the love will be gone, 
the dreams will go away,
memories will fade,

Today is the day I grab my heart, 
pull it from my chest to tear it apart. 

Today is the day I break my heart.

1 comment:

Self Pity and keeping score

Don't know if you believe in God or have any kind of relationship with a higher power but if you do, imagine if God said "I don'...