Friday, May 05, 2017

The plumber

So I'm in the kitchen cleaning up and I notice everything is quiet. That's usually a sign that two little boys are up to no good. I yell for Codie, the 16 month old and usually he will come running but he didn't. I yelled for Jesse, the five year old and I faintly her him yell back, " Codie put the truck in the toilet". I went down the hallway to the bathroom and Codie is standing there with a fly swatter in the toilet trying to get a Matchbox truck out of it. Of course my initial response was WTH! ...then I thought, where the hell did you get a fly swatter?? Jesse looked at me and didn't say a word, then he looked back at Codie, then back at me. Codie looked at Jesse, then at me, then back at Jesse. I was looking in the toilet then back at Codie, then at Jesse then back in the toilet. It seemed like forever then Codie looked at me, handed me the fly swatter and stepped back out of the way.

Nobody said a word. I saw the truck at the bottom and thought about using the fly swatter to get it out but from the looks of  the water on the floor, Codie had been trying unsuccessfully for a while. I rolled up the sleeve and went in! As soon as I get the truck out Jesse looks at Codie and said, "see, I told you". I don't know what he told him but apparently they had had some sort of discussion as to the best way to get it out and I guess Codie decided the fly swatter would do it. Hey, at least they didn't flush it or try to flush it and flood the bathroom. Maybe I have a future plumber in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Pity and keeping score

Don't know if you believe in God or have any kind of relationship with a higher power but if you do, imagine if God said "I don'...